Head Start Health and Nutrition Coordinator
Full Job Description
Ohio Valley Opportunities, Inc. is seeking qualified individual for the position of Head Start Center Director/Health & Nutrition Coordinator at our Scottsburg Head Start center. A bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field with relevant course work, and a minimum of three years related experience in an early childhood program required. Reporting to the Head Start Director, the Center Director/Health & Nutrition Coordinator directly supervises employees in the Center and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, orienting and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; and resolving problems. Individual must be at least 21 years of age. Other duties include: ·
- Adhere to all Personnel Policies, Head Start Program Performance Standards, Program Policies and Procedures and Indiana Childcare Licensing Regulations and ensure that the Center operates according to all policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing communication and information sharing with staff and parents.
- Ensure sufficient and proper supervision of all children at the site at all times.
- Work collaboratively with all staff to provide for the needs of the children in compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
- Develop staff work schedules to assure appropriate child/staff ratios and adherence to Indiana Labor Laws.
- Maintain necessary documentation to ensure program meets Head Start Program Performance Standards, Indiana Daycare Licensing requirements and Paths-to Quality rating as appropriate.
- Maintain safety and oversee facilities and playground safety related maintenance and repair needs and environmental concerns for staff and children.
OVO has mandated the Covid-19 vaccine for employees, accommodations considered.
OVO is an equal opportunity employer and provider.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
OVO has mandated the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, accommodations considered.
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: Madison, IN
Interested applicants should email a resume and intent to apply to Lindsey Simmons, OVO Head Start program director at firstname.lastname@example.org.