NCA’s Executive Administrator manages and supports the association’s accounting, financials, payroll, benefits, reporting, IRS filings, hiring process, CEO and board of directors.
WHO YOU ARE
You enjoy managing multiple priorities, owning project success, and understanding big picture needs where small details are the difference between mediocrity and excellence.
You have considerable experience with QuickBooks Online, managing budgets and financial reports, as well as payroll and benefits administration. You are an enthusiastic professional who is comfortable speaking with our board and members but is also able to exercise exceptional professional discretion.
You work well independently, rarely ever miss deadlines, and are able to set priorities with minimal on-site supervision. You are optimistic about getting it all done but are pragmatic about what it will take. You are willing to ask for help and clarification but generally are able to understand tasks assigned and run with it on your own. You enjoy thinking about creative solutions.
You are passionate about supporting the President & CEO by tracking and managing a myriad of details without letting them slow you down or cause frustration when there is an immediate need to pivot priorities. You are able to anticipate project needs and have high expectations for quality.
NCA's Executive Administrator customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment. Performs specialized or technical work requiring special training, experience or knowledge. Requires exceptional confidentiality in this role.
- Manage hiring process for managers: job posting, applicant communications
- Develop and use SOPs for employee onboarding and terminations
- Keep custody of employee handbook
- Track learning management for staff
Payroll & Benefits
- Process staff timesheets, run approval reports, summary reports, category definitions
- Code staff PTO
- Process ADP payroll bi-weekly
- Process Vanguard retirement contributions bi-weekly
- Process Health Savings Account contributions bi-weekly
- Create and track employee benefit opt-in forms
- Manage benefits program, employee contribution elections, and insurance partner relationships
- Keeping the company up to date with Payroll laws such as: FMLA, State leave, and minimum wage requirements
- Review monthly P&L, balance sheet statements; update Smartsheets reports
- Create QBO journal entries, accounts receivables, accounts payables as needed
- Assist with preparation of annual audit
- Assist with preparation and filing of annual 990 for NCA and NCNF
- Supervise accounting assistant
Board of Directors, Advisory Council, Committees
- Prepare monthly Board of Directors’ meeting agenda, meeting minutes, documents, and communications
- Manage board and officer elections
- Track board and staff annual conflict of interest, confidentiality, and expectations agreements
- Update annual board member and committee directory
- Control association bylaws; update, file, and ensure custody
- Review Smartsheets task summaries daily for risk assessment and overallocated resources
- Assist with developing Smartsheets project management tools
- Track Smartsheets hierarchy
- Support President & CEO as needed
- Staff Conference Registration/Information Desk – (April)
- Attend Team Retreat – (October/Nov)
- Additional support as needed, for example proofreading materials, preparing reports, pulling and organizing historical documents, participating on social media, supporting events.
- Degree in business management or related field of study; significant work experience can substitute for the degree
- Strong communications experience with the ability to think critically, identify opportunities, and understand relationships
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Independently employ creativity, attention to detail, and conceptualize project needs
- Considerable and demonstrable experience with Quick Books Online
- Accounting experience, and ability to perform accounting for financial management of the association with specialized experience and understanding of GAAP
- Special training in payroll software systems
- Fast typewriting skills with limited errors
- Expert or high proficiency on attention to details assessment (Indeed)
- Unquestionable levels of professional discretion and confidentiality
- Confidence and ability to exercise independent judgment customarily and regularly.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, assemble event materials, stand at registration desk for 12 hours per day
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience with project management software
- Experience with contact management software
Salary & Benefits:
The administrator role at NCA is $66k-$98k per year. Salary is dependent on experience.
- retirement plan plus matching contribution
- health, dental, vision, short and long term disability, and life insurance
- health savings account contribution
- vacation and holiday paid-time-off.
Position & Location
This is a full-time, exempt position with a week of required travel in both mid-April and early fall (Oct/Nov), at minimum or as needed. Employees of NCA work independently from home offices, however, staff is required to attend training and meetings in Round Rock, TX. Staff members are required to have a dedicated home office, ethernet, and child care. NCA will provide staff a phone, computer, external monitor, webcam, and office supplies.