Child Nutrition 6 hr General Worker Full-Time
The Child Nutrition worker’s responsibilities will be:
• Cooking, Preparing, and Serving breakfast, lunch, and other foods to children and adults in a professional, courteous, customer service-oriented manner.
• Ensures that the supply of food offered is replenished regularly during meal service periods.
• Assists in the daily cleanup of the kitchen, service, and storage areas, including back dock.
• Performs major cleaning of refrigerators, equipment, and storeroom at regularly scheduled intervals as designated by the Head Cook or Manager.
• Maintains all standards according to the DE State Board of Health and Woodbridge School District HACCP Plan.
• Willingness and ability to learn point-of-sales operations and computer applications and programs as required.
• Works cooperatively with co-workers and school and administration.
• Performs all other tasks/duties assigned by the Head Cook or Manager.
• High school diploma or GED.
• ServSafe Certified or be willing to become certified within 3 months of start date.
• Ability to complete annual professional standards and DDOE Unit Classes as required.
• Have knowledge of or willingness to learn the meal pattern requirements as specified by the USDA Child Nutrition Program. (NSLP, SBP, CACFP, SFSP).
• Have the ability to maintain accurate HACCP requirements and records.
• Employment history demonstrates a strong work ethic and dependability.
• Job requires frequent bending, twisting, turning reaching: Exposure to heat and cold, continuous use of hands, and the ability to lift and move up to 50lbs.
Child Nutrition Manager (Can work at any school within the District as required).
Commensurate with state/local salaries schedules.
*Food experience must be verified*